Why work for FESS?
With over 30 years’ engineering experience in the food processing, manufacturing and ready meal sector, we know first-hand what the industry can achieve. But we also understand its challenges.
We are always on the look out for talented engineers and support staff to join our team. Through our in-depth understanding of our clients business and ambitions, you will be a vital part of the food manufacturing business, supporting our clients with your expert engineering support, advice and creative solutions.
We are looking for a talented and detail-oriented design engineer to join our creative team. As the design engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out a variety of engineering duties including designing, researching, and prototyping new products.
The chosen engineer will collaborate with the design and production teams on various design projects, using in-depth knowledge of the latest design trends and engineering software to lead the way. In addition to being a good communicator, all candidates should be creative thinkers with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Research and draft blueprints, engineering plans, and graphics.
- Develop test prototypes.
- Identify solutions to improve production efficiency.
- Be familiar using design software like Autocad – Navisworks and Solidworks to develop models and drawings of new products.
- Maintain existing engineering records and designs.
- Assess all engineering prototypes to determine issues or risks.
- Estimate cost limits and budgets for new designs.
- Supervise the manufacturing process of all designs.
- Coordinate with other engineers, management, and the creative department.
- Degree in design engineering, engineering, product design, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office and popular design software.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
Based at FESS GROUP Head office in Doncaster this is a role for an estimator from a principal contractor or related sub-contractor background. Reporting to Senior Management you will be responsible for pricing of all workloads of tenders from first principles including;
- Tender review
- Collating package information
- Liaising with sub-contractor supply chain.
Ensuring commercially viable and competitive pricing through the effective use of all technical information.
- Using estimating software
- Reviewing potential
- Value engineering options
- Analysing sub-contractor / supplier quotations for the most competitive and compliant
- Attending relevant meetings / site visits
- Presenting bids to senior management for final review.
- The ability to be organised, disseminate information accurately and to meet deadlines is crucial
- This role has a defined career development opportunity and offers a very competitive salary package based on successful candidates’ experience
- Experience in an estimating capacity within a main contractor / fit out business
- In depth knowledge of the Food Industry supply chain market
- The drive and ability to self-manage workload.
- A track record of successful commercial projects should be demonstrated
- Multi-tasking skills are essential
- Creative thinking is an essential skill this role needs
- A strong customer focus is vital
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Analytical thinking is a must-have
- You must be an effective team worker
- You must demonstrate a clear drive with a decisive attitude
Hours of Work
Standard 08:30 to 17:30.
Flexible / remote working options available.