With our extensive experience in engineering and the food industry, FESS Group offers an extensive range of process control and automation services. From specification to completion, we will ensure your applications are robust, safe, effective and fit for purpose.
From project management, to control panel manufacturer, hygiene and quality control, we can manage the process from design, to installation and commissioning.
Industrial automation has typically been costly and complex, best suited to high volume industries such as FMCG or automotive manufacturing. However, a new category of affordable industrial robotics is making automation more accessible for SMEs than ever before.
By implementing a low-cost robotic automation solution, food SMEs can easily address key bottlenecks in production lines, maintain flexibility around capacity and throughput, increase volumes to meet temporary spikes in customer demand and free up staff and upskill them for more value-added work.
- Control panels: All our bespoke control panels are built in our factory. We can fit HMI – Scada facilities in them if required. All programmes are uniquely written for your process, and on-off site support is provided. The control panels can be manufactured in stainless or metal (powder coated). All field wiring can be included with in the packages.
With our vast experience in process control, we can provide specific services aimed at reducing costs, time and resource to increase productivity and efficiency including:
- Conveyor systems: Our expert conveyor manufactures are ready to design, build and install any conveying transport system you may need. We only use the best quality parts inclusive of SEW drives and Rodriguez stainless steel bearings. We will lead on the design of the conveyors inclusive of the belting required for the application. Typical examples of conveyor systems include:
- Elevator conveyors
- Multi head, easy clean conveyors
- Radius conveyors
- Screwed conveyor
- Pneumatically retracting conveyors
- Multihead weighers: We have teamed up with specialist multihead weigher company, Ishida to supply entry level to high-specification models which combine high-speed operations with unparalleled accuracy and reliability. The Multihead weighers can be installed as part of an integrated weighing and packing line or interfaced with existing packing equipment. Multihead weighers are pivotal to improving efficiency and consistency on the production line with:
Improved weighing accuracy means more packs per kg of product.
- Fast calculation time delivers more packs per shift.
- Self-tuning vibration system optimises product flow
- Simple, tool-free cleaning cuts weighing machine downtime Quicker
- Simpler training and use, with easy-to-learn operator interface.
- A range of ‘bolt-on’ options available
- Hygiene Equipment: We can provide you with a unique selection of wash basins from boot washes, and equipment cleaning, to our own Steri-Fess automated hand santiser units. These compact anti-virus sanitising units are perfect for high foot fall areas.
- Quality Control: We can supply and install a variety of check weighers, metal detectors, x-ray machines and seal integrity Testers.
- Pick and place: Our robotic pick and place systems are unique and bespoke to your requirements. As small and medium sized manufacturers face increasing pressure to remain competitive by improving margins and efficiency whilst facing skills shortages, robotics can be an effective part of the solution to your challenges.
- Metal Detection: Our extensive knowledge and experience in X-ray, inspection systems and metal detection offer the ultimate solution to help protect you, your customers and safeguard your brand.